Domaine Jean Collet was founded in 1952. The domaine comprised just 0.61 hectares and the harvest was sold to the negociants. In 1954 part of the harvest was domaine bottled and in 1959 the first exports to the USA commenced.
Gilles joined his father in 1979 and Romain, the fourth generation returned from wine school in Beaune and working abroad to complete the team in 2009.
Today the domaine has expanded to 40 hectares, from Petit Chablis, via village Chablis and premier cru, up to grand cru. Around 10 hectares are farmed organically.
The holdings include most of the top Premier Cru vineyards including Butteaux, Montee de Tonnerre up to the Grand Crus Les Clos and Valmur.