We all love a glass of great white Burgundy. Sadly it is not getting cheaper and we also have the conundrum of when to drink the wine.
This Giant-Killing Meursault 1er Cru Les Charmes is just what White Burgundy lovers have been crying out for.
Not only is it very reasonably priced but it also outscores many big name wines that cost much more.
Master of Wine Tim Atkin recently published his extensive 2011 Tasting Scores and the Domaine du Pavillon Meursault 1er Cru Les Charmes was scored a tremendous 95 Points.
To put that into some perspective these are the scores for some other 2011 White Burgundies we see in Australia:
- Coche-Dury Meursault 1er Cru Perrieres 96 Points
- Clos Frantin Meursault 1er Cru Charmes 95 Points
- Lafon Meursault 1er Cru Genevrieres 94 Points
- Blain-Gagnard Batard-Montrachet 94 Points
- Leflaive Puligny-Montrachet 1er Cru Pucelles 94 Points
- Roulot Meursault 1er Cru Charmes Dessous 94 Points
- Coche-Dury Meursault Rougeots 94 Points
- Henri Boillot Corton-Charlemagne 93 Points
- Bachelet-Monnot Batard-Montrachet 92 Points
- Henri Germain Meursault 1er Cru Charmes 91 Points
- Bouchard Chevelier-Montrachet La Cabotte 89 Points
- Bouchard Meursault 1er Cru Perrieres 88 Points
The Domaine du Clos Frantin Meursault 1er Cru Charmes is easily the cheapest wine on the list!
Don't miss this opportunity to purchase the 2011 Charmes at our Pre Arrival Price which saves you 15% on the landed price. As an additional bonus if you buy an unbroken case of 12 bottles we'll give you an additional 5% discount. That makes this highly rated wine very reasonable compared to its peers.
And we also have the wine in Magnums for those indulgent times!
2011 Meursault 1er Cru Les Charmes
750ml Usual Price $124.00
Pre Arrival Price $105.50
Pre Arrival Case Price with extra 5% discount $1190.40 (=$99.20)
1500ml MAGNUM Usual Price $248.00
Pre Arrival Price $211.00
Pre Arrival Price Case of 6 MAGNUMS $1190.40 (=$198.40 a MAGNUM)
Tim Atkin MW: A wine that combines elements of Charmes Dessus and Dessous (upstairs, downstairs if you like) this is a very fresh, almost saline Meursault with remarkable dry extract, taut minerality and seductive oak integration. Very drinkable. 95 Points