With is Gallo-Roman origins and a special place in the heart of Napoleon, Gevrey-Chambertin is one of the oldest and grandest communes of Burgundy.
The commune boasts 9 of the 24 Cote de Nuits Grand Crus including the "King of Wines" - Chambertin. There are also 26 Premier Crus which split into two main groups. One lies alongside the Grand Crus, the other at the very top of the village. There is also the glorious 1er Cru Les Combottes which is on the border squeezed in between a trio of Grand Crus on the Morey border.
The wines of Gevrey-Chambertin have a big personality. They are full, rich and masculine in style. They exhibit serious structure with animale, earth and mineral notes. And they cellar very well.
Our latest Red "Terroirs" Pack focuses on the wines of Gevrey-Chambertin. Most wines in the Pack are Premier Crus which come from all corners of the commune including two different vintages of Les Combottes. I often wonder why this vineyard is not Grand Cru. Apparently politics is the reason!
|Click to enlarge
The wines in the Pack are:
- Tortochot G-C 1er Cru Lavaux-St-Jacques 2009
- Albert Bichot G-C 1er Cru Lavaux-St-Jacques 2009
- Georges Lignier G-C 1er Cru Les Combottes 2009
- Georges Lignier G-C 1er Cru Les Combottes 2010
- Philippe Leclerc G-C 1er Cru Cazetiers 2009
- Pierre Bouree G-C 1er Cru Cazetiers 2010
- Jean-Marc Guillon G-C 1er Cru Petite Chapelle 2010
- Jean-Marc Guillon G-C 1er Crus Les Champonnets 2010
- Philippe Leclerc G-C 1er Cru Combe aux Moines 2009
- Gilbert and Christine Felettig G-C La Justice 2010
- Georges Lignier G-C 2009
- Georges Lignier G-C 2010
To view the wines and tasting notes on our website click here.
We have the Philippe Leclerc wines on sale (see at right) so this Pack is available at a Super Price.
Save an Incredible $341.00
We only have 7 Packs available so please act quickly. You may order on line, by email or by telephone.