The Altesino estate in Montalcino not only produces serious red wine but also boasts an impressive grove of olive trees.
They have around a hectare planted to Frantoio, Leccino and Corregglio varieties which are blended to produce their Extra Virgin oil. The olives are cold pressed within 24 hours of picking to ensure the freshness is retailed. Colour is green-gold, with flavors of vegetables and a hint of artichoke and thistle with a pleasing peppery finish. The taste is harmonious and balanced with notes of sweet almond.
We use this oil almost exclusively at home.
Until midnight Sunday 12 August 2012 we have a special offer only for orders placed on our website.
Be one of the first 50 clients to spend $250.00 or more on any In Stock wine and we will give you a 750ml bottle of Altesino Extra Virgin Olive Oil worth $35.00 to try for free.
*Conditions of this Offer
- Orders must be placed on our website
- Wines must be In Stock (not Pre Arrival)
- Payment must be made at the time of ordering
- Limit One per customer
- Offer applies only to new orders and is not backdatable
- Offer expires midnight Sunday 12 August 2012 or when sold out