White and Red.....
Le Clos du Caillou, a 53 hectare wine estate with Côtes-du-Rhône and Châteauneuf-du-Pape appellations, is located in Courthézon in the South of France.
The property came in possession of the Pouizin family in 1956. Until 1996 the property was run by Claude Pouizin, who until 1993 sold most of his yield to negociants. In 1996 his daughter Sylvie and son-in-law Jean-Denis Vacherons took charge and the quality of the wines from property rapidly rose.
Our latest shipment arrived just before Christmas. It was mostly 2012 Chateauneufs and some 2013 Cotes-du-Rhones.
Stephen Tanzer has just published reviews for many of the wines and we have added to them our website.
If you love Rhone wines this is a great address with reasonable prices.
Below is one wine not to be missed but make sure you check out the full range. For a limited time we offer all Clos du Caillou wines at a 15% discount.
2012 Chateauneuf-du-Pape Les Quartz
Usual Price $159.95
Special Offer $135.95
This wine comes from parcels of land in the lieu-dit "The Cassanets" which are composed of pebbles and sandy subsoil. The Grenache, which comprises 85% of the blend, was planted between 1956 and 1958. A parcel of Shiraz, in the lieu-dit "The Bédines", is on a soil composed of sand makes up the remaining 15%.
Robert Parker: The 2012 Chateauneuf du Pape Les Quartz is a good example of this and possesses a powerful, rich and mineral-driven profile with plenty of black cherry and dark fruit, crushed stone, garrigue and pepper on the nose. Saturated purple in color, it is a full-bodied, rich and structured effort that-s loaded with character. Give it a year or three and drink it over the following decade or more. Drink 2016-2027. 93-95 Points
To view the complete range including some terrific Cote-du-Rhone click here. Don't miss the gorgeous Cuvee Tradition - a wine that reminds me of Chateau Rayas a few decades ago. You may also order by telephone (03) 9326 5737 or email firstname.lastname@example.org